Celebrities seem to have all the beauty secrets, and while many of them have come and gone over decades, microdermabrasion has had a quiet but tried and true role in skin rejuvenation through it all. With glowing reviews from stars such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Penelope Cruz — two seemingly ageless women among the Hollywood elite — microdermabrasion continues to gain in popularity.
Microdermabrasion is a process that gently “sands” your skin, removing the thicker outer layer of your skin which is often uneven and prone to undesirable skin problems like scarring, sun damage, stretch marks, and discoloration.
Microderm helps to thicken your skin’s collagen levels resulting in a taut and fresh complexion – what normally declines as we age. With the removal of the outer layer of skin, younger skin is revealed, and can be dramatically enhanced with topical treatments and products.
Once completed there is no downtime or recovery period. Moisturizer and other beneficial skin products can help to maintain your results.
Microdermabrasion is a great way to improve your skin condition and keep your face young and beautiful. You can expect the process to help:
- Reduce aging skin lines and wrinkles
- Lesson unsightly stretch marks
- Exfoliate your skin
- Improve dark pigmentation and age spots
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Improve blackheads and treat acne and acne scars
“The Skinny” on Microdermabrasion:
- Cost effective way to rejuvenate your skin
- Helps reduce skin pigmentation and discoloration
- Helps manage acne, large pores, and blackheads
- Excellent exfoliation
- Little to no recovery time
- Regular sessions are normally beneficial
With relatively less investment than many treatments, microdermabrasion can take years of skin spots, stretch marks and blemishes from your skin, reclaiming the young and “MINT” skin you had in your teens and early twenties.